The “Curlie ” Jackson Scholarship
The application criteria and guidelines for this scholarship are below.
All applicant criteria are as follows:
Be an African American male.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Have received a high school diploma or the equivalent by June 2018 from a public school or charter school in the City of Buffalo.
- Be accepted in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two year or four-year college, university or trade school in the United States for the entire 2018-2019 academic year.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 – 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Be a member of a religious organization with regular attendance.
All items on the application must be completed and submitted by June 30, 2018.
- A scholarship applicant must meet the “Applicant Eligibility Criteria”.
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation are required. One letter of recommendation must come from your Pastor. The second letter of recommendation may come from a High School Principal, Teacher, Sunday school, Church Department Director, Community Leader, or an individual who has had a personal relationship with you. The applicant is considered complete when the:
- Personal and educational sections are completed with a resume and;
- Responses to the following four (4) essay questions are completed;
- Why should you be selected as a scholarship recipient?
- What are the three (3) most significant courses you have taken in preparation for your career? Briefly explain why these courses were most significant.
- How does/will your selected career help strengthen/advance your faith?
- Based upon Mr. Jackson’s biography, what is the most important quality that you believe Mr. Jackson possessed that will be important to you in your future success?
Membership at Calvary C.M.E. Church is not a requirement to apply for the CJ Scholarship
Read the “Curlie” Jackson Biography here.
Here is the link to the Personal and Educational Sections for the Application.
Email your completed application and supporting documentation to CJScholarship@calvarycme.com