Calvary Christian Methodist Episcopal (CME) Church Buffalo NY takes root from a people and community who recognized their part and call into existence by God’s saving acts in Jesus Christ. We exist to witness to God’s purpose and concern for the needs of humankind. All worship, functions, programs and membership is fully open to all people and seeks to give honor and glory to God.
Established in January 1920, Bishop Rev. R. A. Carter, Presiding Elder Rev. Denson, Rev. M.D. Moon and Laymen organized the Mount Olive Colored Methodist Episcopal Church. April 1949 renamed Jubilee Temple CME Church and in December 1959 the present church located at 1003-1007 Ellicott St was purchased and named Calvary CME Church under the pastorate of Rev. F. E. Bell.
Our denomination of Methodism was born from the Methodist Episcopal Church in America on December 15, 1870 at a General Conference held in the First Methodist Church, South in Jackson, Tennessee.